Friday, December 31, 2010

One Hundred Books in 2011? Yes I Can!

Now I've done it!

I've gone and signed up to be part of Book Chick City's "100 Books in a Year" reading challenge (many thanks to A.L. Rutter of Floor to Ceiling Books for the heads-up on this).

I average close to 100 books in a normal year without even trying, but now that I'm actually going to be trying and keeping track... well, I hope Uncle Murphy gives me a pass.

I don't suppose I get to count finishing books that I've started in 2010 toward that goal, though, do I?

Just for fun: here's my current list. I read a lot of books at the same time!

THE BIG SHORT - Michael Lewis*
INHERENT VICE - Thomas Pynchon
BONESHAKER - Cherie M. Priest
COMMON AS AIR: REVOLUTION, ART AND OWNERSHIP - Lewis Hyde
LAVINIA - Ursula K. LeGuin

Plus I keep dipping into a few short story collections. Sigh!

After that, well, watch me go!

*UPDATE: I finished THE BIG SHORT at 11:04 am on New Year's Eve Day. My mind is still boggling from this one and I'm contemplating a blog post on it, but I want to see how far along I can get on the other incompletes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the CAPTCHA, guys, but without it I was getting 4-5 comment spams an hour.